Dr Trevor Cullen, associate professor of journalism, coordinates the journalism programme at Edith Cowan University in Perth, Western Australia. His doctoral thesis focused on press coverage of HIV/AIDS and he is the author of several peer-reviewed articles, book chapters, workshops and conference papers on the topic.
- AUSTRALIA: Whistleblowers could face up to 10 years’ imprisonment, warns RSF
- VANUATU: Optimism about media freedom and information changes
- New Caledonia notebook: Getting ready for 'independence'
- REGION: Pacific journalist interested in social justice
- In Fiji, free press remains elusive and advocacy is risky