As with everything else in Papua New Guinea, the media work force is male-dominated. However, this pattern is now changing with many more women making a career in communication and gradually moving into middle and senior management.
- WEST PAPUA: Arrested French journalists remain in detention
- Top 10 things you need to know about Fiji’s new electoral system
- FIJI: Military starts selecting soldiers to replace captive UN peacekeepers
- PNG: ‘Sorcery’ controversy rages, but advocates call for gender equality
- NZ: Advocates, journalists criticise media for ‘ignoring’ Pacific