Since the call for papers to the theme for this issue of the Pacific Journalism Review, more tumultuous events in journalism have unfolded dominated by the agonising restructure of the newspaper arms of media companies across the region. Hundreds of editorial jobs are on the line. The increasingly desperate search for the ‘new business model’ has been stepped up. But is the new model the only answer to the current plight of journalism? Are media proprietors paying enough attention to the fact that the business model is built on the public trusting the journalistic practices that sit at the heart of the media brands? Perhaps all stakeholders should pay closer attention to Conboy’s thoughts?
- REGION: Future of Pacific fisheries, food security top key regional forum issues
- INDONESIA: Military warns soldiers against using social media
- FIJI; MIDA’s Raj given deadline to retract and apologise, says Fiji Sun
- TIMOR-LESTE: Timor Post - from nothing to success in 15 years
- WEST PAPUA: Indonesian foreign minister blocks PNG media questions